Monday 6 July 2015

'Trashed ashore' - Photo project


After a rather long hiatus, I am back with another blog post!

Within today's post, I'd like to share with you the photo project I recently shot and published on my Flickr page. For the project, I set off, camera in hand, to the banks of the River Thames here at Cliffe.

I wanted to capture and display the amount of rubbish that has and continues to accumulate on the banks of the Thames here. The more commonly visited section of what is known, to myself at least, as the 'Sea wall' is tidy in comparison to what lies further around the shore. Shattered glass, used needles, dead mice, rats, birds and a whole other host of nasty attractions are commonplace, in an area which is supposedly a nature reserve.

Caught littering in an area wardens patrol? A hefty fine could be headed your way. All the while, literal tons of rubbish sits festering, out of site and out of mind.

Why doesn't anyone do anything about the rubbish? I'm not sure, but I believe something should be done.

Check out the photos, here. And remember, these weren't taken in the worst parts, I ran out of time before I could reach those areas.

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment