Tuesday 21 July 2015

University


Before I go on to talk about the main subject of this post, I'd like to share with you a few shots taken at my family's BBQ for my parent's silver wedding anniversary:






Now, onto the big story. 

For the past couple of years, I have been contemplating applying for University. For a few reasons, I never actuated on any of my plans of applying. Reasons including the fact I hadn't gotten the grades in the subjects required for course entry, I never even studied them.

This year however, I decided it was now or never. I booked myself an open day viewing back in May and attended in early June. That day was a turning point.

The facilities, equipment, environment, lecturers and the course itself where all very impressive. I instantly felt I was on the right path, that this is what I should do and where I should be.

So, shortly after I rather dishearteningly (because I was so late) began applying. I never really believed I had much of a chance, I applied up to 6 months later than the first applicants, I didn't have any of the required grades and for an entire month, the incompetence of the College in which I last studied, meant I couldn't send of the application, for lack of referral.

Finally, with just four days until the application deadline, I was able to send of my application.

Around three weeks later, I had received an offer. How? Well, despite all of my shortfalls, I did have one saving grace, my portfolio. Accompanying my application was an email with links to my Flickr portfolio album, this blog, my Etsy shop and my instagram profile. 

Thankfully, and rather flatteringly, they was impressed enough by my portfolio alone to offer me the place.

I accepted the offer yesterday, I start this September.



More from the BBQ:





                                          

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations again, and lovely photographs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all of your help contacting the uni for information as well as talking everything through with me, keeping me motivated and inspired and supporting me in general :) <3

      Delete
    2. You are welcome, will always be there! :3 :) <3

      Delete